The Women's Center was founded in 1994 to serve the students, faculty, and staff of Virginia Tech. Our mission is to promote a Virginia Tech community that is safe, equitable, and supportive for women and that celebrates their experiences, achievements, and diversity.
A unit of the Office of the Provost, the Women's Center functions in a number of areas:
- Individual Services, Counseling, and Advocacy
- University-wide Advocacy
- Educational Programming
- Gender-based Violence Awareness
- Student Engagement through Volunteerism
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please feel free to explore the site or to visit the Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Emergency Assistance, 911 (police)
Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley, (540) 639-1123
Cook Counseling Center, (540) 231-6444
Virginia Tech Police, (540) 231-6411 (non-emergency)
Blacksburg Police Department (540) 961-1150 (non-emergency)
Schiffert Health Center, (540) 231-6444
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- March is Women's Month!!
- AWARE is accepting applications for next year's team! Click here for more information.
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- FEB 15th @ 7-8PM, Women's Center Main Conference Room: "Find Your Opportunity: Job/Internship Search Strategies," part of the Career Ready Women series with Career & Professoinal Development
- FEB 22nd @ 7-8PM, Women's Center Main Conference Room: "Share Your Value: Interview Prep," part of the Career Ready Women series with Career & Professoinal Development
- MAR 22nd @ 7-8PM, Women's Center Main Conference Room: "Know Your Worth: Salary Negotiation," part of the Career Ready Women series with Career & Professoinal Development