The Women's Center was founded in 1994 to serve the students, faculty, and staff of Virginia Tech. Our mission is to promote a Virginia Tech community that is safe, equitable, and supportive for women and that celebrates their experiences, achievements, and diversity.
A unit of the Office of the Provost, the Women's Center functions in a number of areas:
- Individual Services, Counseling, and Advocacy
- University-wide Advocacy
- Educational Programming
- Gender-based Violence Awareness
- Student Engagement through Volunteerism
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please feel free to explore the site or to visit the Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Events:
- Nominations are currently being accepted for the 2016-17 cohort of the Women's Leadership and Mentoring Program! Deadline is August 17th.
- The Women's Center is hiring! We are searching for a part-time Gender-Based Violence Victim Advocate to provide crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy and support to students, faculty, and staff impacted by gender-based violence. View the full posting.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16th, 7:30-9AM @ D2 Dining Center, VT Women Connect Fall Kick-off Breakfast FEST (register here)
- Tuesday, Sept. 6th, 4-6PM @ the Women's Center, Open House & Meet-and-Greet with new staff
- Wednesday, Sept. 21st, 4-6PM @ Owens Banquet Hall, Welcome Reception for New Women Colleagues (registration required)
- Tuesday, Sept. 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ the Inn, AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Luncheon featuring Dr. Menah Pratt-Clarke, vice provost for inclusion & vice president for strategic affairs (registration required)
- Thursday, Oct. 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ Owens Banquet Hall, VT Women Connect Networking Luncheon featuring Tracy Vosburgh, Senior Associate Vice President for University Relations (register here)