The Women's Center was founded in 1994 to serve the students, faculty, and staff of Virginia Tech. Our mission is to promote a Virginia Tech community that is safe, equitable, and supportive for women and that celebrates their experiences, achievements, and diversity.
A unit of the Office of the Provost, the Women's Center functions in a number of areas:
- Individual Services, Counseling, and Advocacy
- University-wide Advocacy
- Educational Programming
- Gender-based Violence Awareness
- Student Engagement through Volunteerism
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please feel free to explore the site or to visit the Center on the Virginia Tech campus.
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Thursdays @ the Women's Center, Kids' Night Out drop-in childcare [except when VT is closed and Thursday home football games]
- $tart$mart Salary Negotiation Workshops are back!!! To request a program, complete this form.
- Wednesday, OCT 5th, 6-8PM @ Commonwealth Ballroom, Squires: It's On Us, Hokies Kickoff Event
- Thursday, OCT 13th, 5:30PM @ the Women's Center, Women Influencing the Arts: "Women Supporting Women: The Importance of Having a Network," featuring Heather Leeper (click here for registration and other information; contact Donna with questions)
- Tuesday, OCT 18th, 7PM @ The Lyric Theatre in downtown Blacksburg, !Women Art Revolution, a film by Lynn Hershman Leeson (co-sponsored by the School of Visual Arts, the Women’s Center, The Lyric Theatre, and the Moss Arts Center)
- Wednesday, OCT 19th, 12-1:30PM @ the Women's Center, Women and Wellness: Qoya, in honor of National Love Your Body Day! Register here.
- Wednesday, OCT 19th, 3-6PM, SafeZone Healthy Relationships (register here)
- Wednesday, OCT 19th, 7PM @ Fralin Auditorium: Through Feminist Eyes: "Adding the L to LGBTQ: Reflections on Same-Sex Desire in the Latin American Screen," featuring Vinodh Venkatesh, Associate Professor of Spanish
- Monday, OCT 24th, 11A-11P @ Benny Marzano's! Support Alpha Chi Omega's #DVAM effort. Learn more here.
- Wednesday, OCT 26th, 12:15-1:30PM @ 209 Norris Hall, Open Meeting of the VT Women's Alliance (bring your lunch!)
- Wednesday, OCT 26th, 7PM @ Burruss Hall, Mock Rock: Support Alpha Chi Omega's #DVAM Lip Sync Competition. Learn more here.
- Thursday, OCT 27th is WEAR RED DAY!! Show the world that Hokies "Say Something" when we see red flags of relationship violence and show survivors that they are not alone!
- Thursday, OCT 27th, Noon-1:30PM @ Owens Banquet Hall, VT Women Connect Networking Luncheon featuring Tracy Vosburgh, Senior Associate Vice President for University Relations (register here)
- Saturday, OCT 28th, 7-9PM @ Moss Arts Center, "Ghouls' Night Out!" at MAC! Dress as your favorite notable or notorious woman. 18 and up. All are welcome! Facebook Event page here; RSVP here.
- Wednesday, NOV 2nd, 3-6PM, SafeZone Healthy Relationships (register here)