VT Women's Alliance
In the spirit of Ut Prosim, the Virginia Tech Women's Alliance champions an equitable and inclusive culture.
The Women's Alliance, in solidarity with caucuses and other university and community allies, provides the Virginia Tech community a forum to achieve shared goals and promote opportunities for underrepresented groups, which includes women of all identities by advancing:
- Dialogue among the Women's Alliance and the university community
- Campus services and programs that address the needs of women
- Efforts to remove systemic barriers to advancement
- Equity in hiring, promotion, and compensation
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Access to quality childcare for university employees and students
- Positive and inclusive campus climate
- Identification and resolution of campus equity and safety issues
For more information, email Lujean Baab.
WAC General Body Meeting Tuesday, March 15 Noon to 1:30PM
Register for the meeting
As we approach Women’s Month in March alongside ongoing celebrations of Virginia Tech’s sesquicentennial, the Women’s Alliance and Caucus is dedicated to its role as a forum to achieve shared goals and promote opportunities for women of all identities.
After the extended impacts of the COVD-19 pandemic and all that is happening here on campus and around the world, we hope you will join us for an opportunity to reconnect with one another and talk about the ways in which the Women’s Alliance and Caucus can support your success and well-being.
In this spirit, please join us for our Spring 2022 general membership meeting on Tuesday, March 15 from noon-1:30PM
We will have lots to learn and to share and you are invited to bring your own lunch.
Please share the invitation to join us with two or three others who might be interested. They can register to attend the meeting without being 'officially' members.
You can choose between two options, on-site and remote via Zoom. View the invitation (PDF) for information on each option.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a member of the Women’s Alliance and Caucus
2021-22 Executive Committee Members
- Chair: Lujean Baab
- Secretary/Historian: Shania Clinedinst
- Publicity/Communications Coordinator: Ana Agud
- Treasurer: Judy Taylor
- Social Activities Coordinator: Lauren Henson
- Research Faculty/Non-Tenure Track Subcommittee Co-Chairs: To be filled
- Tenure/Tenure Track Faculty Subcommittee Co-Chairs: To be filled
- AP Faculty/Staff Subcommittee Co-Chairs: Jenean Meadows and Christine Miller
- Graduate Student Subcommittee Chair: Alexandria Rossi Alavrez
- CEOD Rep: Tamara Cherry-Clarke
- Women’s Center Liaison: Anna LoMascolo