Bringing in the Bystander
Bringing In The Bystander
The Bringing in the Bystander program is currently transitioning to HokieWellness. You may request a program by completing this form.
Bringing In The Bystander (BIB) is a program designed to educate, inspire, and empower YOU to prevent, interrupt, and respond to harassment and violence. We all have a role to play in ending gender-based violence, including sexual and relationship violence, sexual harassment, stalking, and exploitation in our community. In one 90-minute session, the BIB workshop helps you explore and prepare to take on your role by:
- raising awareness of the scope and roots of violence;
- helping identify situations where behavior is inappropriate or potentially harmful;
- helping develop skills to intervene in a way that keeps you and others safe
Bringing in The Bystander is a Soteria Solutions® program. Learn more about them and the roots of BIB.
If you are interested in requesting a workshop for a group or organization you are a part of, please take note of the following details before proceeding to complete and submit this form.
- Requests must be made at least 2 full weeks (14 days) in advance for optimal response.
- The workshop utilizes a PowerPoint with visual aids, video, and audio as a means of instruction. We require that the space utilized for a workshop provide the capacity to log in to Wi-Fi, and to plug-in to a projection system via an HDMI cable from a laptop.
- Videos we use will be captioned, and visual aid slides will be described. However, we know that this still does not meet everyone's access needs. Please notify us via this form if any members of your group require access accommodations.
- Workshops require at least 8 participants and are capped at ~30 participants to maintain an environment where learning and discussion are possible.
- We cannot offer workshops in private homes/residences.