Women’s Center Equity-based Initiatives:
- Women’s Month
- Through Feminist Eyes speaker series
- Presentations and workshops focusing on a variety of equity-related issues
Women’s Center Gender-based Violence Initiatives:
- Prevention and Education Services:
- Counseling and Advocacy Services:
- Individual and group counseling for victims and survivors (and their friends and families)
- Advocacy within the university and community systems (including housing, academics, Title IX regulations, etc.)
- Training for campus responders and allied professionals
- Sexual Violence Prevention Council (SVPC)
Women’s Center Leadership-based Initiatives:
- Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program (WLMP)
- AdvanceVT/Women’s Center Leadership Lunch Series
- “Me First!” Fridays Professional Development series for staff women
- Student engagement opportunities:
Women’s Center Wellness-based Initiatives:
Women’s Center Networking & Support-based Initiatives:
- VT Women Connect
AdvanceVT/Women's Center Leadership Lunch Series
- The VT Women's Alliance
- Kids' Night Out
- Working Moms’ Group (and listserv)
- Counseling and Advocacy Services
The Women's Center is located in the yellow house at 206 Washington Street (between Draper Road and Otey Street). We are conveniently located adjacent to campus and a block from Downtown Blacksburg.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For after-hour assistance, please call one of the following:
Emergency Assistance, 911 (police)
Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley, (540) 639-1123
Cook Counseling Center, (540) 231-6444
Virginia Tech Police, (540) 231-6411 (non-emergency)
Blacksburg Police Department (540) 961-1150 (non-emergency)
Schiffert Health Center, (540) 231-6444
Follow the Women's Center at Virginia Tech
Phone: (540) 231-7806
Fax: (540) 231-6767
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Did you know there are 24 dedicated lactation spaces on campus? Click here to find out more!
- Are you interested in reserving space at the Women's Center? Click here to submit your request.
- Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018-19 cohort of the Women's Leadership and Mentoring Program (WLMP). Click here for more information. Submit nominations no later than Wednesday, August 15th, 2018.