We are not currently recruiting interns for the Fall 2022 semester. Please check back in August 2022 to inquire about possible opportunities. Thank you!
Are you interested in a field study or internship at the Women's Center? Do you want to work with the Women’s Center to educate our campus community about topics of relationship violence, healthy relationships, or gender equity?
The Women's Center hosts internships designed to meet the hours and work requirements of a 3 credit hour undergraduate internship. Most folks who complete our internships for credit are in Human Development, Sociology, Women and Gender Studies, Communication, or related fields. We have had folks complete for credit through other departments, including Psychology, Neuroscience, Leadership and Social Change, and more. We also do accept applications from folks not seeking credit, however, we ask that you plan to participate as if you were pursuing 3 credit hours in terms of time commitment, workload, etc. for the semester.
Internship Eligibility requirements:
- Completion of all elements of the application process
- Current academic Good Standing
- Ability to hold Intern Training dates for Fall 2021 and attend intern training
- Ability to commit to 8-10 hours per week, or approximately 3 credit hours for the semester
Interns help with outreach, event planning, social media, and advertising. Internships are UNPAID, however course credit may be possible.
The Women's Center has two types of internship opportunities available.
Between one and four (1-4) available spots.
The GBV Prevention Prevention Programming assistant will work with our Gender-Based Violence Prevention Coordinator to plan, coordinate, and execute ongoing awareness and education opportunities around issues of gender-based violence, including relationship violence, sexual assault, and stalking on our campus.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Assisting with our fall awareness campaigns for Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Assisting with the promotion of the Women's Center Advocacy & Support Services.
- Assisting with the planning of Bringing In The Bystander workshops or training.
- Supporting the SAVES (Sexual Assault and Violence Education by Students) programming and events.
Between one and three (1-3) available spots.
The Gender Equity Programming Intern will work with the Gender Equity Coordinator to plan, coordinator, and execute ongoing awareness and education opportunities on gender, women’s issues, diversity, equity and social justice topics.
This may include but not limited to:
- Facilitating in person outreach and education on a variety of gender equity topics
- Assisting with social media content creation and implementation
- Assisting with the promotion of salary negotiation workshops and consultations